PARSIPPANY, N.J., Feb. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Reckitt Benckiser (RB) plc, a world leader in household, health and personal care (with U.S. headquarters in Parsippany, NJ) and parent of Clearasil, Lysol, Woolite and other iconic brands, announced financial results for the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Global total net revenue growth of 7% (at constant), to 8,453m pounds Sterling.
- Global Group excluding SSL 6% LFL.
- Growth in North America was delivered by successful innovations and marketing investments behind powerbrands such as Lysol, Finish, Airwick and French’s.
- Global total gross margin 40bp to 60.6%: global total adjusted operating margin 200bp to 26.4%.
- Global Total adjusted net income 17% (actual exchange) and adjusted diluted EPS of 226.5p ( 16%).
- The Board recommends a 14% increase in the final dividend, bringing the total dividend for 2010 15% versus 2009.
Commenting on these global results, Bart Becht, global Chief Executive Officer, stated:
“Reckitt Benckiser enjoyed another year of market-beating results, despite declining global market growth. As targeted, like-for-like net revenue growth was 6% for the Group excluding SSL and 5% for the base business. Total adjusted net income growth of 15% (at constant) was also strong. This is further evidence that our strategy of focusing on our Powerbrands, behind new product initiatives and high levels of marketing investment, is one that continues to deliver.
For 2011, we are aiming for another year of above industry-average growth. The targets for the total Group (including SSL) are for 12% net revenue growth and 10% adjusted net income growth at constant exchange.”
Commenting on performance in North America (NA), Rob de Groot, Executive Vice President, North America, Australia, New Zealand, said:
“Innovations such as the Lysol® Healthy Touch No-Touch Hand Soap System in conjunction with our Lysol® Neutra-Air Fabric Refresher helped to drive growth in North America. We were also very pleased with the performance of the Finish, Airwick and French’s brands, which are favorites for North American consumers. We are looking forward to introducing new innovations on our brands to help achieve further growth in 2011.”
%d bloggers like this: